Many students begin college while they are still unsure of what they want to study or choose for a Career Pathway. If this is the case for you, we strongly encourage you to receive assistance to determine your Career Pathway and/or specific program within your chosen pathway. Please note that there are more careers that exist than what is listed on our career pathways webpages, and we can help you discover them, so that you can begin your educational journey at Pierce College!
Receiving assistance from a career counselor can…
- Help you determine what careers fit you best
- Help guide you through the decision-making process
- Help you break down any barriers that prevent you from making a career decision
- Help you save time and money as well as improve time to reach your goals
Our career counseling services and resources are available to Pierce College students, and are available in a virtual setting. This includes providing a web link to the Self-Directed Search career assessment and/or the Career Occupational Preference System Interest Inventory, both of which can provide personal insight to careers that match your highest interests. Expert feedback analysis is provided along with next steps to take after results are reviewed.
To make a phone call or Zoom appointment with one of our Faculty Counselor Advisors who conduct career counseling, see below for contact information:
- For Fort Steilacoom, call 253-964-6705 or email Advising@pierce.ctc.edu
- For Puyallup, call 253-840-8431 or email Puyadvise@pierce.ctc.edu
- For JBLM, or any other Pierce College site, contact either Fort Steilacoom or Puyallup location.