Talk to Your Librarians
You can still access the library support you need remotely during our campus closure. Find out more at our Online Library Ask Desk.
Borrowing Books and Technology
Borrow Library Books or DVDs
Curbside pickup of books, DVDs and other library items is available. Regular curbside hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12 - 4 p.m. Check the library hours page for holiday hours.
Borrow or Renew a Chromebook, WiFi hot spot or calculator
Would you like to continue to borrow a technology item from a previous quarter?
Complete the continue to borrow form to renew those items.
Need to borrow a technology item this quarter?
Please contact the campus library where you would like to pick up the items.
- Puyallup campus: Lori Broberg (email@example.com or 253-840-8308)
- Fort Steilacoom campus: Velvet Marlin (firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-912-2311)
See the Quarterly Media Loan FAQ for details about renewing, borrowing, or returning technology items.
For assistance with Canvas, student email, or using technology devices, visit the Get Technology Help page in the Student Support Center.
Returning Items to the Library
Books from the library, Running Start, and Veterans' Center can be returned to the library book drop boxes. Technology items must be returned to a person, not in the book drop boxes. Please contact the library to return technology items.
Primo searches Pierce College collections and beyond
- ProQuest or Academic Search Complete for newspaper, magazine and scholarly journal articles.
- CQ Researcher or Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context for controversial issues or current events.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Gale Books) for encyclopedia entries.
- WOIS for career research and planning.
- Films on Demand for educational videos
- Ebook Central or EBSCO eBook for ebooks you can read on your computer or mobile device.
Research and Help Guides
- Library research guides by subject, class, or area of research need
- Alphabetical list of more than 80 databases on a variety of subjects.
- Find a specific article, journal, or magazine
- Cite sources in MLA or APA
- Finding and evaluating scholarly journals
- Help connecting to library databases