The Job and Career Connections offices at both Pierce College Fort Steilacoom and Pierce College Puyallup provide you with all the tools you'll need to find your next job. Job and Career Connections is YOUR Career Center! Staff are available to support all students, alumni, staff and community members through a variety of direct and self-guided resources and services including:
- Self-discovery and assessment tools that can help you choose the career that's best for you
- Connections with community resources
- Job boards with career opportunities
- Information on internships and work-study opportunities
- Help with filling out applications and drafting resumes
- Interview tips and tricks
- Adaptive equipment for job-seekers with disabilities
Online Job Database
For students and community job seekers, our online job board is a free service that allows users to access to regional career opportunities, manage multiple resumes, and access a calendar of regional job fairs.
For employers, CollegeStudents4Hire offers a simple tool for posting open jobs, work-study positions, internships and company information. It is free, easy to use, and doesn't limit job postings by word counts.
On-campus supervisors wishing to post a work-study position or hourly student position can register as an employer on our online job board to advertise positions. All work-study jobs will need to be posted online.
More information: Employment and Education Fairs
SBCTC Student Emergency Assistance is here!
Funding is available through Student Emergency Assistance. Students must complete and submit a request form and have a short phone intake conversation. Funds are limited.
Who is Eligible?
Pierce College students currently enrolled.
What can the grant help with?
Funding for living expenses (not including tuition and fees) such as transportation, housing, childcare, food, etc.
What is the next step?
- Check back winter term for the 21-22 Request Form.
- Submit the Request Form via email to: email@example.com
Complete a phone interview. A Job & Career Connections staff or MDC Coordinator will call you during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F) to complete a brief SEAG interview.
Job and Career Connections Newsletter
Welcome to YOUR Job and Career Connections Newsletter Fall Edition 1. This edition includes the following articles:
- A Job Application Should Not Be a Blind Date
- Tips for Navigating a Virtual Job Fair
See the Job and Career Connections Newsletter Fall Edition 1 for details. You can also view this Fall Edition 1 newsletter in an accessible format without graphics, or read previous editions below.