The length of the application process can vary, but generally takes between four and five months.
- Application due.
- Applications processed and evaluated
- Applicants notified of status
- Mandatory group interviews for top applicants scheduled
- Mandatory orientation for accepted students
- All classes for application completed.
- Clinical passport requirements for admitted students
- Classes start
Important Application Updates
- We are now requiring a professional resume, not a functional resume as we have in the past.
- Pre-requisite classes may be completed the term in which you apply.
- We will no longer require proof of Hep B vaccination.
- No entrance exam is needed for application.
- We have eliminated our age out requirement. Therefore, there is NO expiration date for prerequisites.
- However, you can retake a required class only once in the past 7 calendar years to meet the minimum 3.0 grade requirement.
- Admission to Pierce College
- All nursing program applicants must have an active Pierce College ctcLink ID
- Apply at the Admissions web page .
- Former students need to reapply to reactivate their status.
- Processing of admission and issuance of student ID takes 72 hours.
- Be sure to activate your ctcLink account, which is part of admission.
- Pay the Nursing Program application fee
- LPN-RN Program: $50
- ADN Program: $65
- Payment must be made to the Pierce College Puyallup Cashier Office PRIOR to applying. A screenshot or photo of your receipt indicating payment must be included with your application. Do not send the check to the Nursing department.
- You can pay online via the Simple Pay system. You will need to use your ctcLink ID number. Take a screenshot of the confirmation page and include it with your application as required.
- Checks can be mailed to:
Pierce College Puyallup/Cashier
1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup, WA 98374
- The Cashier's Office may be closed or operating with reduced hours on Fridays during summer term. Please keep this in mind if you need to contact the office with issues or questions.
- Nursing Program Application (including the following is required):
- Receipt from Pierce College Cashier for Nursing Program application fee.
- Documentation of prerequisite courses
- Professional Recommendation
- Professional Resume
- Official transcripts from every college attended (excluding Pierce College), and an official high school transcript to confirm foreign language (if applicable). If the nursing program or the college already has an official transcript, then you do not have to duplicate this process. Please check with us if uncertain.
- Only if applicable: Course Waiver. Documentation of course equivalence and if course is not listed in course equivalency chart or taken out of state. This should already be completed and on file with the pre-nursing advisor. Do not wait until application as the results may disqualify you.
- For LPN to RN Opt-In Applicants Only:
- Required for application: Documentation of current unencumbered Washington State LPN License
- Official transcript documenting completion of LPN program
Application must be complete - including all required elements from the checklist - to be valid and able to move on to Phase II. Follow directions carefully. You will be awarded points for this.
Reminder calls will not be made if something is missing or if it does not meet criteria, the application will be invalid. The responsibility for a complete and accurate application is yours.
If you have questions, please call to inquire before submitting your application. Once we have your application, no changes/additions can be made. There will be no exceptions.