Put your compassion to work as you earn an associate’s degree in nursing and prepare for your licensure exam. Options include immediate employment or transfer to a four-year college. We also offer a LPN to RN bridge program.
Full-Time LPN/RN Application Now Available
The submission window for the full-time LPN/RN program is now open.
Applications are due Sept 30, 2020.
Washington is experiencing a shortage of registered nurses in all medical settings. Students who complete Pierce College's Nursing program are trained and ready to begin their career immediately.
Pierce College's Associate Degree in Nursing transfers directly to the University of Washington-Tacoma and Saint Martin's University Bachelor of Science degree program (BSN), allowing students to transition quickly and seamlessly. See the Transfer Options web page for additional information.
Students intending to transfer into a four-year program should work closely with their nursing advisor.
Transfer Institution Information
About the Program
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION REVIEW VISIT BY THE ACEN
Pierce College wishes to announce that it will host a site visit for continuing accreditation of its nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled at Pierce College at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2020, in Room 130 of the Arts and Allied Health Building located at 1601 39th Ave. SE, Puyallup, WA 98374.
- Written comments are also welcome and should be submitted directly to: Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road Northeast, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326 Or email: email@example.com
- All written comments should be received by the ACEN by February 4, 2020.
Nursing Program Information
Pierce College offers three options to students to obtain their associate degree in nursing:
- Traditional ADN (T-ADN) program that students complete in 6 quarters. (32 students accepted every other fall: 2019, 2021, 2023, etc.)
- Full-time LPN-RN Transition program that students complete in 3 quarters beginning in quarter 4. This option is open to applicants who have an active and unencumbered Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. (32 students accepted every spring.)
- The part-time LPN/RN program will begin summer quarter through the following summer quarter (five quarters). Exact days and time are to be determined, but would typically be two evenings a week, all day Saturday, and perhaps an occasional weekend. (16 students accepted every summer.)
All options prepare students to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). This exam measures the competencies needed to be a safe, effective, entry-level registered nurse.
Application specific dates and submission windows will be posted well before each application cycle. (Specific dates to be determined.)
- The next traditional RN/ADN program window is April/May 2021 for a Fall 2021 start. We offer this every other year.
- The next part-time LPN/RN program window will be January/February 2021 for a Summer 2021 start.
Interested students are encouraged to attend an information session with our Allied Health program manager/advisor. These are held on a regular basis throughout the year on the Puyallup campus.
Nursing Information Sessions are canceled until further notice. Please refer to the links on this page for an overview of the program and requirements.
The Pierce College Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326.
Apply to the Program
Click the link below to learn more about the Nursing program and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.