Washington is experiencing a shortage of registered nurses in all medical settings. Students who complete Pierce College's Nursing program are trained and ready to begin their career immediately.
Pierce College's Associate Degree in Nursing transfers directly to the University of Washington-Tacoma and Saint Martin's University Bachelor of Science degree program (BSN), allowing students to transition quickly and seamlessly. See the Transfer Options web page for additional information.
Students intending to transfer into a four-year program should work closely with their nursing advisor.
Transfer Institution Information
About the Program
Pierce College offers three options to students to obtain their associate degree in nursing:
- Traditional ADN (T-ADN) program that students complete in 6 terms. (32 students accepted every other fall: 2021, 2023, 2025, etc.)
- Full-time LPN-RN Transition program that students complete in 3 terms beginning in term 4. This option is open to applicants who have an active and unencumbered Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. (32 students accepted every spring.)
- The part-time LPN/RN program will begin summer term through the following summer term (five terms). Exact days and time are to be determined, but would typically be two evenings a week, all day Saturday, and perhaps an occasional weekend. (16 students accepted every summer.)
All options prepare students to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). This exam measures the competencies needed to be a safe, effective, entry-level registered nurse.
Application specific dates and submission windows will be posted well before each application cycle. (Specific dates to be determined.)
- The next traditional RN/ADN program application submission window is April/May 2023 for a Fall 2023 start. We offer this every other year.
- The next part-time LPN/RN program application submission window will be January/February 2022 for a Summer 2022 start.
- The next full-time LPN/RN program application submission window will be August/September 2022 for a Spring 2023 start.
Interested students are encouraged to attend an information session with our Allied Health program manager/advisor. These are held on a regular basis throughout the year on the Puyallup campus.
Nursing Information Sessions are canceled until further notice. Please refer to the links on this page for an overview of the program and requirements.
The Pierce College Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission and is accredited with conditions by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326.
Apply to the Program
Click the link below to learn more about the Nursing program and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.