Full-time LPN to RN Program
Applications for the 2024 full-time LPN to RN program are now open. You can apply online.
Washington Nursing Careers
Washington is experiencing a shortage of registered nurses in all medical settings. Students who complete Pierce College's Nursing program are trained and ready to begin their career immediately.
Pierce College's Associate Degree in Nursing transfers directly to the University of Washington-Tacoma and Saint Martin's University Bachelor of Science degree program (BSN), allowing students to transition quickly and seamlessly. See the Transfer Options web page for additional information.
Students intending to transfer into a four-year program should work closely with their nursing advisor.
Transfer Institution Information
All program candidates must first complete college-level courses and meet minimum grade requirements for consideration.
Career Pathway Course Maps
About the Program
Pierce College offers three options to students to obtain their associate degree in nursing:
- Traditional ADN (T-ADN) program that students complete in 6 terms. (32 students accepted every other fall: 2023, 2025, 2027, etc.)
- Full-time LPN-RN Transition program that students complete in 3 terms beginning in term 4. This option is open to applicants who have an active and unencumbered Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license. (32 students accepted every spring.)
- The part-time LPN-RN program will begin summer term through the following summer term (five terms). Exact days and time are to be determined, but would typically be two evenings a week, all day Saturday, and perhaps an occasional weekend. (16 students accepted every summer.)
All options prepare students to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). This exam measures the competencies needed to be a safe, effective, entry-level registered nurse.
Application specific dates and submission windows will be posted before each application cycle.
- The next full-time LPN to RN program application submission window is September 1 to October 13, 2023 for a Spring 2024 start.
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory. No exemptions allowed due to clinical partner requirements.
Interested students are encouraged to attend an information session with our Allied Health program manager/advisor. These are held on a regular basis throughout the year.
Location: CAS 332
- October 16, 2023 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- December 18, 2023 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- February 26, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- April 15, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- June 17, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
Location: AAH 130
- September 18, 2023 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- November 20, 2023 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- January 22, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- March 18, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
- May 20, 2024 - 6 to 7 p.m.
The Pierce College Nursing Program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (NCQAC) and is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326.
Apply to the Program
Click the link below to learn more about the Nursing program and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.