Welcome to Student Life at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom!
Student Life offers a variety of opportunities for students to build community, make new friends, and have dynamic learning experiences beyond the classroom!
View the Student Life events calendar
Some of these activities include:
- Clubs and Organizations – A great way to find students with common interest is to join a club! If you don’t see a club that interests you, think of creating one. Clubs are student led and initiated communities on campus. For more information about clubs, or how to begin a new one, visit the Student Life Office or visit the Clubs web page.
- Raiders Serve Alternative Breaks – This is an alternative break service experience opportunity. Although the trip location and dates can vary from year to year, and can be either domestic or overseas, our most recent trips have been to the tropical central American nation of Nicaragua, working alongside heavily impoverished communities on agricultural and economic development projects. Visit the Student Life office if you have any questions or are interested how to apply for the Raiders Serve trips.
- Student Government – The Associated Students of Pierce College Fort Steilacoom (ASPCFS) Student Government holds meetings throughout the quarter which are open to all students. Some of the areas where Student Government is involved would be chartering new clubs, assisting with the ELA & MLI programs, recruiting students for a variety of college committees and councils, participating in state legislative trainings, and much more! Joining Student Government is a great way to get involved and be a leader on campus. Student Government positions open in early spring quarter, if you are interested in joining the team for the following academic year.
- Activities Board Events – If you like event planning and social events, the Activities Board (AB) sponsors events throughout the fall, winter, and spring quarters. AB events are aimed at creating a variety of social, cultural, and educational opportunities for students. Examples of AB planned events include Welcome Daze, Family Movie Nights, Blood Drives, Annual Boo Bash, and Student Appreciation Week. AB events are student developed and led. If you are interested in applying for the Activities Board positions, applications are usually available in early spring for the following academic. AB and Student Government put out an quarterly events calendar that is available in the Student Life Office.
- Student I.D.s
- Student Life Social Media Hub
- Meet with your team leaders
- Campus postings
- Club information
- Recreational equipment checkout
- Student suggestion box
- Handbooks and resources
- Health and wellness information