students gathered outside on puyallup campus

Requirements for Home Schooled Running Start Students

The Office of Superintendent for Public Instruction (OSPI) and the State Board for Community and Technical College (SBCTC) requires that all home-schooled Running Start students complete a Running Start Enrollment Verification Form and have it signed by the student's public high school Running Start representative.

Forms and Information

Additional Information

  • Students need a signature from a representative in their home district.
  • The public high school representative varies from district to district.
  • Although the home-schooled student is not likely to be taking courses at the public high school, it is still necessary for the public school representative to sign off on the verification form. This process will confirm the student is not enrolled in classes at their public high school. Parents and guardians will continue to write recommended classes for the student.