We are excited to share with you information about the upcoming Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) graduation ceremony scheduled for 4 June. Things will look a little different this year due to the COVID pandemic and social distancing restrictions. For full details, please read the JBLM Voluntary Education announcement.
- Contact us by 14 May to let us know you want to participate. We will provide the regalia at no cost to you! We need your full name, student ID number, contact information and height/weight so we can match you to the correct sized gown. Due to COVID planning requirements, we will have little flexibility to add late requests. Please respond early so we can get you on the list!
- Phone: 253-964-6567
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be aware of access and guest restrictions. You must have your own access to the installation; we are not able to provide sponsorship for the event. Guests are invited to attend the ceremony via Facebook Live.
- Watch your email. We will send detailed cap and gown pickup and ceremony information later in May to those who have responded with an intent to participate.
Not eligible to participate in the JBLM ceremony?
No need to worry, the Pierce College District graduation ceremony is scheduled for 18 June at the Tacoma Dome. This event is open to all graduates, including those who participate in the JBLM ceremony. For more information, visit our commencement ceremony information page.
Graduation Announcement from JBLM Voluntary Education
The 33rd Annual Joint Base Lewis-McChord hybrid Graduation Ceremony will be held on 04 June 2021 at French Theater on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Our Annual Ceremony will recognize the outstanding achievements of 2019 to 2021 graduates, including Service Members, Family Members, Veterans, and Civilians that have base-access to JBLM. This year, the Annual Graduation Ceremony will host friends and family via our Facebook Live platform to adhere to Washington State COVID-19 response. Participating graduates will attend the live event at French Theater where they will have the opportunity to walk across the stage in celebration of their academic success.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord is following Washington State COVID-19 guidelines. The following will be required of each participant attending in person:
- Due to COVID-19 guidelines, guests are not allowed to attend the Graduation ceremony in-person this year; they will have the opportunity to attend via Facebook live.
- Upon arrival to French Theater, all attendees must wear a mask at all times while indoors. Masks are required outdoors if attendees are unable to socially-distance.
- The auditorium will be filled at 50% capacity; Graduates will be seated socially-distanced from one another.
- Throughout the event, hand-sanitizer will be set-up at locations accessible to all attendees.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord guidelines for base access:
- Graduates must have access to JBLM in order to attend this year’s Graduation ceremony.
- There will be no guest sponsorship provided to any individual planning on attending the event in-person.