Partnering with students, faculty and military community members to provide a quality educational experience to our service members, their families, and our local community.
Virtual Advising at JBLM
Virtual advising is currently available by appointment via phone or Zoom video chat. You may send your request to JBLMadvising@pierce.ctc.edu or call us at 253-964-6567 or 253-964-6606 with the following information:
- Student ID (if applicable)
- First and last name
- Reason for visit
Monday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
How We Partner With You
Pierce College at JBLM student success coaches partner with you throughout your journey at Pierce College and ensure you're staying on track toward meeting your academic and personal goals.
- Education/career planning
- Transcript evaluations
- Transfer guidance and preparation
- Selecting a Career Pathway
- Clarifying policies and procedures
- Service referrals
- Connection to college and other support services
Prepare for Your Success
1. Student success coaches will ask:
- What is your ultimate academic/professional goal?
- How do you think a college degree or certificate can help?
- Do you consider yourself an online or classroom student?
- What are your family/work/personal commitments?
2. Research your goals and interests. Please visit these research options for assistance:
- Pierce College Pathways
- Washington Career Paths
- Washington State Community and Technical Colleges
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
3. Complete the first four steps in the JBLM Get Started Checklist prior to meeting with a student success coach.