Megan Irby, LMHC
Faculty Counselor FS
Jennifer Wright, LMHC
Faculty Counselor PY
JBLM students can contact any of the faculty counselors.
If you are unable to reach a faculty counselor:
- Call 988 anywhere, anytime if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- For students who are stating suicidal thoughts, please call the Suicide Lifeline, 1-800-273-8255. You can get assistance from qualified mental health professionals who can assess the student over the phone and determine next steps.
- For students who are in emotional distress but NOT suicidal, walk the student to the respective campus location for counseling to get the student scheduled for a counseling appointment (FS campus, Welcome Center and PY Campus, Student Success office).
- Other staff to consult or contact if unsure how to proceed:
- Julie Draper-Davis, Associate Dean, Student Conduct: 253-912-2331
- Tami Jacobs, Dean of Student Success (FS campus): 253-964-6581
- Agnes Steward, Dean of Student Success (PY campus): 253-840-8403
Community Crisis Resources (Daytime, unless otherwise noted)
- Pierce County Crisis Line (24/7), 1-800-576-7764
- Pierce County Emergency Management
- Chemical Dependency Treatment Information, 253-798-7449
- Domestic Violence Helpline, 253-798-4166 or 1-800-764-2420
- Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women (DAHMW), 1-888-743-5754
- Gang Hotline, 253-798-3624
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Eating Disorders Association Hotline, 1-800-931-2237
- Rebuilding Hope! Sexual Assault Center for Pierce County, 253-474-7273
- RAINN – Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Safe Place, 24-Hour Crisis Line, 360-754-6300, TTY 360-943-6703
- Veterans Information, 253-798-7449
- Victim Advocates (24-7), 253-966-SAFE (7233)
- Victim Assistance, 253-798-6975