Bachelor of Applied Science in Fire Services Leadership and Management (BAS-FSLM)
Pierce College is pleased to announce its new Bachelor of Applied Science in Fire Services Leadership and Management degree program. This leadership and management degree program is part of a guided career pathway designed to prepare students to become 21st century leaders in the fire service. The FSLM program is primarily taught online in order to provide fire service professionals the skills and knowledge they need to advance into leadership positions.
The BAS-FSLM program builds off the strong foundation of a professional technical Associate in Applied Science (AAS-T) degree in Fire Services Leadership and Management.
Please submit all materials to:
Email submission of application materials is preferred. Materials can be submitted by mail to:
Joseph Dilley, DPA
9401 Farwest Drive S.W.
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999
Who is Encouraged to Apply
- Applicants with an associate degree in Fire Command Administration, Fire Services Leadership and Management or an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any fire services related field.
- Current or former members of the U.S. military seeking to build upon education, training and experience gained through military service in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy or Marines or through service in the National Guard.
- Also encouraged to apply are individuals interested in and directly involved with any local fire department.
- Submitted the BAS-FSLM Application (see button above) per instructions.
- Submitted Official Transcripts from a regionally accredited college. (This includes transcripts from courses taken at Pierce College.) Note: if some or all transcripts are from other countries, they will need to be evaluated. Evaluations can be conducted by any agency in NACES.
- Submitted a Personal Statement (300–400 words) articulating the applicant’s personal and professional interests in pursuing a BAS-FSLM degree.
- Submitted one (1) letter from a personal, professional or academic reference.
- Submitted a professional resume.
- Submitted a letter from the fire department you are affiliated with proving affiliation.