Inspiring Students to Thrive
My time at Pierce College has helped me so much. Receiving a scholarship helped me focus on my studies and not worry so much about food, rent, and how I will help my family."
Employee Giving Matters!
- Every dollar expands availability of resources for students.
- Employee giving makes a strong impression on donors: it's not how much you give, it's the percentage of employees who participate.
- In the last five years, the Foundation has awarded $842,213 to 1,131 students in scholarships and $245,611 to 186 students in emergency funds. While we have been able to fund 48% of scholarship requests, 52% are not funded due to lack of resources. We want to fund more students.
The Legacy of Excellence Fund will:
- Provide emergency funding in response to emergent challenges impacting student completion, including books, tuition, food, rent and other supports.
- Provide scholarships focusing on historically marginalized students.
- Create initiatives that directly support students to provide an environment of empowerment, belonging and success.
The support from the Pierce College Foundation allowed me to stay focused on my goals and my education."
Haley Ness, Class of 2022
As we return to in-person classes, financial need is greater than ever. Students are facing unprecedented hardships as they navigate the last two years of isolated learning. The pandemic has made evident how important flexible funds are to meet students’ needs and remove roadblocks that help them thrive and complete their education.
You are invited to support our students in the following ways:
- Participate! No matter how much you give, you increase the percentage of employees who participate, which sends a powerful message!
- Payroll Deduction. For example, $10 per paycheck a month in payroll deduction adds up to $240 a year. Download Payroll Deduction Form.
- One-Time Gift. Make a one-time gift to the Legacy of Excellence fund by selecting "Legacy of Excellence Fund/55th Anniversary" on the Pierce College Foundation donation form.
- Go Shopping! Sign up for Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer "kickback" programs to have a small percentage of your purchases donated by these companies to the Foundation.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for Foundation events and activities. Contribute to our ability to expand support for students. Just fill out our online Volunteer Interest Form to be contacted with more information.